Monday, July 11, 2005

Funny but it seems

Walking up the hill towards the College of Education of Howard University, I couldn't help but bring back memories as I trudged the catwalk with my rolling bag. I let out a hearty laugh as I remembered Romeo, my husband who was and is every inch aware of how I drove past highways and city streets. At one point, he cautioned me to be wary about the cars and trucks and limousines that speeded up in a frantic mood to get past the red stop sign. Romeo was not used to be a passenger beside the driver. He was always my driver since we've been together...courtship days till we tied the knot and called it FOREVER...TILL DEATH DO US PART. On that particular day, I couldn't help but notice his uneasiness and apprehension whenever I'd make a turn, speed up to go past slow moving vehicles, or park in between two cars with just enough space for me. He would raise both hands and stomp both feet as if doing so would help me in any way just in case things would go awry. I really find him very funny and awkward in that situation. Each time I think about it, I just find myself letting go and laughing deliriously. Had someone been there beside me as I walked, he would think twice about me. Am I deranged, crazy, or simply happy?

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Teacher Sol said...

Hi girl! I wrote about my Summer Institute in my latest entry. Also, special mention ka don. Check it bout: http://teachersol.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home